Dear two-legged and four-legged friends!
We hope that you are all as excited as we are about seeing so many paws on the prom in aid of our rescue dogs this Sunday!
From everyone at MADRA we would like to thank you for registering to take part in this fundraising dog walk, and to all of the dogs that have been busy using their puppy dog eyes to raise sponsorship, we salute you!
We would like to use this opportunity to remind you of a couple of things that you need to do when you arrive at the Claddagh Hall on Sunday (May 17):
1. Please go to the registration desk within the Claddagh Hall so that our volunteers can sign you in and give you your Doggy Bag.
3. Although the walk starts at 1pm we would appreciate if you could be at the Claddagh Hall no later than 12.30pm to sign in. The registration desk opens at 11.30am, and if you come early you can sample some of the fantastic home-baked goodies and have a nice cup of tea and some doggy chit chat!
4. The walk will start from the Claddagh Hall and go along the Salthill Promenade to Blackrock. This distance may not be suitable for everyone, and you will see some signs along the route with 'Turning point for little legs or short paws' - walk as far as you feel is right for you and your companions and if you can, come back to the Claddagh Hall for refreshments after.
5. Please ensure that you keep your dog on lead at all times and keep a safe distance from other dogs and walkers. Watch out for signs of stress in your dog.
6. Please allow time to find suitable parking near the venue and do not block any driveways, access routes etc. If you cannot find 'on street' parking you may need to go to a car park nearby. Be considerate of other road users and pedestrians before, during and after the walk, and please stay safe.
7. If you need medical attention or any other assistance please alert one of our MADRA volunteers - stewards will be identifiable with blue MADRA high-vis vests.
8. We will have some exhibitor stands at the venue where you can buy your dog a dog I.D. tag, or you can also get your pet's portrait taken by a professional photographer.
We hope that you enjoy the day and make sure to bring your raincoats - we know that a little drop of rain won't put you doggy folk off! If you have any friends or family that would like to attend bring them along and they can register on the day.